Why Buy Just 200 Acres When You Can Have Over 4,200 Acres?
Without any doubt, the best valued cattle property bought this year will also be one of the most attractive and striking lifestyle cattle properties bought this year. Why? The owners, Mack and his wife Gilruth, have clearly said so. "At 83, I want to retire and we have to sell it now!"
- 4,291 acres of wilderness on six freehold titles
- Lovely country family home
- Good farm improvements
- ..... but importantly with quality grazing. Last year the owners sold 316 head of cattle.
Located at Rivertree in the striking Border Ranges:
* 47km from Stanthorpe
* 80km from Tenterfield
* 96km from Warwick
* 254km from the Brisbane CBD. (Approximately 3.5 hours).
This is stunning National Park and State Forest country but it is your own! The entrance to this farm is located where the mighty Clarence River starts the largest river on Australia's east coast.
The best watered property in the whole district:
* Over 15km of frontage to beautiful Koreelah Creek (majority is double frontage)
* Many other creeks
* 14 dams.
Almost all of the 1,736 hectares here is suitable for cattle grazing:
* Approximately 300 acres is cleared country, over two thirds being sown with improved pastures
for controlled grazing
* 25 acres has been planted with Lucerne.
* Balance 3,000 plus acres is very good kangaroo grass and native legume pasture.
* Good quality fencing, with a subdivision of 17 paddocks
* Two sets of good cattle yards
* Two colourbond sheds
* 4 X 22,000L water tanks and underground pipelines which provide water to cattle roughs for 8
* Extensive system of good farm roads allows access to all parts of the farm.
* Built by the local Master Builder & Designer Greg Sproule is 1995
* Lovely unpretentious family home, and if required, can accommodate three generations of the
one family in comfort at the same time
* Comfortable large country homestead has an 1860's style with 12 foot verandahs on all sides,
providing 360 degree views and what views they are!
* 3 large bedrooms and study
* 2 bathrooms
* Lounge / dining and a huge family room
* 9 foot ceilings, ornate cornices and skirtings, beautiful polished hardwood floors, western red
cedar French doors and Norseman fireplace.
When Mack & Gilruth first bought this property 24 years ago it was completely undeveloped. Combining their love of the country with Mack's wonderful blend of extensive knowledge and experience as a senior agronomist for the CSIRO, they have preserved nature's beauty and developed a successful grazing enterprise to create this cattle farm with a difference'.
People who love beautiful wildlife, real privacy and cattle will just adore this property.
The owners have appointed Ray White Rural Brisbane to market and sell the property.
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.