STUNNING VALUE… IN A STUNNING VALLEY
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 2 Cars
PLEASE CLICK ON 'KURRAJONG' VIRTUAL TOUR.
Inspections by Open Farms' on Sundays 10.30am to 12noon SHARP or by appointment.
Please Note: Highly recommend you have lunch after your Sunday inspection at the renowned Mulgowie Hotel (The Mulga to the locals) just down the road. As country a pub as you will find with real country characters.
Kurrajong - a quality 102 acre (41 hectare) fertile irrigated cropping and cattle lifestyle property, located in the stunning Mulgowie Valley:
* Just 90 minutes Brisbane
* Equal hour from both Toowoomba and Ipswich
* Sealed road to the front gate.
Kurrajong's current owners are off permanently to Tasmania in July - so require a sale at the auction scheduled for the 12th June.
The Mulgowie Valley:
* Virtually unknown valley - a spectacular valley with a definite end
* Kurrajong is located almost at the end -the most attractive section of this valley
* Most unique geographical layout, far different from anywhere else in Australia
* Where the Little Liverpool Range meets the spectacular mountain peaks and escarpments of World Heritage Listed Main Range National Park (including Mount Castle and the Mistake Mountains) and the Great Dividing Range.
* This valley is amazingly fertile been labelled as one of the top ten most fertile farming areas in the world. The renowned Mulgowie Farm Corp, one of Australia's leading vegetable farming brands is located in this valley.
* The drive to and from Kurrajong, with a sealed road to the front gate, is an experience in itself you never get tired of it and truly has a phychological transition when returning to this valley, especially from work. The unusually shaped plateau of Mount Castle in the distance virtually guides you home to Kurrajong.
* The locals often comment: It's a place you would never want to leave.
The property has:
- Approximately 500m of beautiful creek frontage, fed from the nearby mountains of Main Range National Park
- 35 acres of these fertile black soil creek flats can be irrigated by the 12 hydrants (fed by the 400 metres of underground main lines)
- Currently improved pasture of Rhodes grass, seteria and mixed legumes
- The balance of the property varies from creek flats to gentle hills
- A high carrying capacity - able to handle approx 45 steers or 28 cows and their calves.
The farm is diveided into 7 paddocks and has:
* More water than will ever be needed
* An excellent equipped bore pumping approximately 12,000GPH
* Impressive storage water tank: a total of 97,200 Litres of rainwater and 66,900 Litres of bore water. The rainwater and bore tanks are separately interconnected.
The lovely virtually new homestead and the stunning views from this level elevated position are worth an inspection alone:
* Four bedrooms & two bathroom open plan home
* Absolute privacy and the desirable easterly aspect
* Designed by the owners with the location and surrounding area firmly in mind
* An interesting feature of the lovely kitchen and bathrooms is the silky oak timber which was sourced and milled locally from a tree in the Mulgowie Valley.
* The spectacular views are particularly enjoyed from the large covered patio.
You will just love slow weekend lunches with family and friends here.
The original farmhouse (Circa 1954) has:
* Two bedrooms and a sleepout, located away from the main home.
The improvements are excellent:
* Large 30 metre x 12 metre shed with power and concrete floor
* 10m x 10m old machinery shed
* The old dairy', an ideal storage facility
* All steel cattle yards are strategically located and include a vet crush, head bail, loading ramp and water
* Fencing is in excellent condition.
Anyone raising a family or retiring from either out west or the city would just love this place.
In summary, Kurrajong is a quality well watered farm with a superb homestead in a fertile rural valley with views like no other in Australia.
The auction for Kurrajong is scheduled for 10.30am, Friday 12th June, 2015 at the Level 26, One One One', 111 Eagle Street, Brisbane. (If not sold prior).
The owners, who are committed to moving to Tasmania this July, are both crystal clear in their decision to sell right now.
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Double Garage
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.